Youth Sport Trust- After School clubs
A new online After School Sport Club will launch today (12 November) to help fill the void of school and community sport in children’s lives created by the latest lockdown.
The first After School Sport Club will start at 5pm today led by World Champion inline skater Jenna Downing and last for 30 minutes. The club will then run every day at 5pm from 16 November for five weeks until 18 December.
Every day, After School Sport Club will have a different theme based on which skills athlete mentors focus on for children to develop. They are:
- Adventure Monday – this might involve getting children to do floor wall climbing and map reading all within their living room or home space
- Tuesday Play – Imaginative play utilising resources in the house to create games and activities to get active
- Wild Wednesday – High tempo competitive activities involving personal challenges
- Thinking Thursday – Introducing cognitive challenges for children through movement. Games could include active noughts and crosses, and introducing an element of competition – whether that be against themselves, the clock, their siblings or remotely against friends
- Fun Friday – A chance for children to let loose and have some fun. Dancing and doing what makes them feel good
Sessions will be broadcast live for children and young people through the Youth Sport Trust’s YouTube channel and access is free.
For more information, please visit www.youthsporttrust.org/AfterSchoolSportClub