Update for Parents 16 March 2020
Lark Hill Community Primary School
Liverpool Street, Salford. Manchester, M5 4BJ.
Telephone: 0161 921 1390
Executive Head teacher – Wendy McCormack
Head of school – Gemma Lavelle
Monday 16th March 2020
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your support and understanding since last Thursday.
We appreciate that the Coronavirus outbreak is an ever-changing situation and we took the precautionary measure to close all three schools in order to ensure the health and safety of the school community. Public Health England did not require us to close. However, the deep clean of all three schools has now been completed and is ready for staff and children to return. We will continue to share the advice with pupils and staff about the best ways to prevent the spread of viruses and update you with the latest guidelines as we receive them. You can also keep yourselves updated using the NHS and government websites which have the most up-to-date information:
Please note the following:
- Breakfast Clubs will run as normal but all After School Clubs and trips and visits will be cancelled until further notice.
- Pupils should attend unless they feel unwell – if your child has any of the following symptoms they should remain at home for 7 days:
- a new, continuous cough and/or
- a temperature
If your child is unwell, report this by ringing the School Office. Please ensure that we have your latest contact information.
What we’re doing to protect and support pupils and staff:
- If your child presents with any symptoms, we will contact you to collect your child.
- Staff will ensure regular hand washing with soap at key times throughout the day.
- All children will continue to receive important messages as regards hygiene and how to deal with any anxieties they may have.
What we need you to do:
- Talk to your children about the coronavirus. It’s a scary time and we should make sure children feel supported. BBC Newsround has regular updates for younger children and YoungMinds has practical steps older children can take to help with anxiety.
- Come and collect your child straight away, if we ask you to.
Please keep in mind that we’re only sending out this information to help the school community prepare. There are currently no plans to close.
Finally, it has been brought to our attention that there have been a number of inaccurate reports and speculation on-line which have been circulated. We would like to remind you of the home/school agreement that is in place for all members of the school community and that, should you have any concerns, you contact school directly.
Thank you again for your patience at this time.